01 April 2007

New York?

I normally wouldn't admit this, but when I opened my mail this afternoon I cried.

These tears were the culmination of a stressful week at work, a Saturday morning class (10 am on a Saturday is still really early!) an already emotionally-inclined personality, and a letter that is on my bed at which I'm constantly stealing little glances.

On Tuesday David Martinidez, Dean of Admissions at Cardozo Law, called me to inform me that I had been accepted into the school and had received financial aid. I hadn't really realized the significance of this, as my applications had been rather half-hearted, and I was more excited about taking a year off and traveling than jumping right into school. Yet when I opened the mail today I scanned the acceptance letter and then turned to the award letter, fell down on the floor and actually cried. $25,000 for my 1L, which would cover a bit over 70% of tuition, and renewable with sufficient grades, etc. etc.

This unexpected bit of news also severely complicates my life. Does anything ever get simpler? I think not. I was planning on taking a year off and travelling, allowing me to take a break while working on my law school applications. Yet this is an opportunity to spend significantly less on school than I had originally planned, and I have to make my decision by mid-April. What to do, what to do? Prayers would be much appreciated. Pc out.

1 comment:

VforVashaw said...

I imagine you will have other chances come up. But if it's the right opportunity you should jump on it. Taking a year off really isn't that important, IMO. You already have a summer to look forward to, right?

Oh, and I know it's obvious, but check out the cost of living before you decide on anything. Personally I would never ever want to live in NYC but... we are so different. :)

Keep putting those apps in and look for that full ride.

love, your bro