16 March 2009

To do list

As my time winds down, I'm confronted by attention-starved checklist items, all screaming for fulfillment. I realize that despite all the living I've done during my stay, there have been too many lazy weekends on the couch watching TV, shopping in Myongdong, or Caribouing in Edae.

Some of the things I haven't done are actually quite ridiculous, as they're things that everybody is supposed to do in Korea, like visiting the folk village or seeing Busan. While, in my defense, I can point out various off-the-beaten-track places I've seen, I do want to visit the on-the-beaten-track places as well.

So without further ado, I present Korealist 2009.

  1. Tour the three Seoul palaces I haven't yet visited: 창덕궁, 창경궁 & 경희궁
  2. Climb Mt. Bukhan
  3. Watch a Bears baseball game in Jamsil
  4. Watch an Ilhwa soccer game
  5. Buy a nice camera and spend a whole day wandering around Seoul, taking pictures
  6. See the giant free-standing Buddha on Songnisan
  7. See the parted waters in Jindo
  8. Actually visit Busan
  9. Actually visit Japan
  10. Eat live octopus
  11. Do my taxes before August
  12. See Dokdo
  13. Visit the folk village near Yongin
  14. Master past tense
  15. Learn future tense
  16. Buy a new mp3 player
  17. Buy external memory, as my computer is completely out
  18. See the Zen Rocks in northern Seoul
  19. Visit Seodaemun prison

Updates will be posted as I do these and add others.

No comments: